The Spring of Champ Robert

Coudes

Description

In the heart of the village of Coudes, between the Allier and Couze Pavin, this sparkling water source is rich in mineral and ferruginous salts. This water was marketed and up to 30,000 bottles/year were sold in the 20th century!

Known for centuries, the exploitation of the spring really began at the end of the 19th century. In 1906, a group of entrepreneurs formed the "Société des eaux de Coudes" with its headquarters in Paris and it was during this period that the most important sales took place as a medicinal product. It is even envisaged to create a large thermal centre but the request for classification as a hydrothermal station is rejected. The spring was officially closed in 1940.
Today, it is the inhabitants who come to fill a few bottles for their personal consumption.

  • Entity information: Service Tourisme - Agglo Pays d'Issoire

Categories

  • Spring

Prices

Free access.

Opening

All year round.

Spoken languages