Hiking tours in Pays d’Issoire
The 5 regional circuits
An ideal way to plunge into the heart of Pays d’Issoire, these circuits last several days. They give visitors a chance to experience all our wide-ranging landscapes around the volcanoes or the vast expanse of Le Cézallier, but also the beauty of such charming villages as Usson, Boudes, Vodable and Saint-Floret.
- Circuit n°1: Tour of Pays des Couzes (61 km; 3 days)
- Circuit n°2: Tour to the Land of Queen Margot (67 km; 4 days)
- Circuit n°3: From the banks of the Allier to the gates of the Livradois (69 km; 3 or 4 days)
- Circuit n°4: To the steps of Le Cézallier (71 km; 3 or 4 days)
- Circuit n°5: Tour in the Auvergne Dauphiné (85.5 km 4 or 5 days)
Tour of the Auvergne lakes GR®30
A 189-kilometre circuit lasting nine days, the GR®30 takes in a large number of Auvergne’s lakes, both of glacial (Lake Guéry) and volcanic origin (Lake Pavin, Lake Cassière, etc.), and crosses three volcanic regions in Auvergne: Mont-Dore, Les Puys mountain chain and Le Cézallier, featuring a stage at La Godivelle, the highest and least populated village in Puy-de-Dôme.
New: the GR300
The GR300 follows the old Way of Saint James route. It runs from Sancoins in the Cher department to Le Puy-en-Velay in Haute-Loire, and crosses the Puy-de-Dôme department from north to south. From Coudes, it runs along the Allier valley as far as Brassac-les-Mines. The route gives a taste of the rich heritage of Pays d’Issoire: Montpeyroux, one of the Most Beautiful Villages in France, the abbey church of Saint-Austremoine d’Issoire, the Château de Parentignat…