At the foot of the mound of Nonette, where was formerly the beautiful fortified castle of the Duc de Berry, the Allier River spreads out its meanders and crosses a peaceful landscape. Around the end of the 1920’s, only a boat allowed the crossing of the river. From now on, a huge and beautiful bridge recently restored links up the villages of Le Breuil-sur-Couze to Orsonnette. Its construction in 1925 is due to the initiative of the mayor, Sir Pakowski, which was also doctor in Saint-Germain-Lembron. It’s a construction in reinforced concrete composed of 3 arches recently restored in 2014. At the foot of the bridge, bathers, and lovers of fishing and canoeing share out the Allier River.
- Themes: engineering structure, bridge
- 20th C
Free of charge.
Services / Equipment
All year round, daily.